Announcing an easy way to export and automatically format your WordPress Blogroll for import into your del.icio.us social bookmarking account! The Export Blogroll plugin for del.icio.us simplifies the process of transferring your WordPress Blogroll to your del.icio.us account. del.icio.us now provides a way to import multiple links with a single file, however the file must emulate a specific (browser bookmark) format. The Export Blogroll plugin automatically formats your exported Blogroll content according to del.icio.us batch-upload specifications, making it super-easy to import and share your links.
The Export Blogroll for del.icio.us plugin provides several export options:
- Export by category
- Export only private links
- Export only public links
- Export all links (default)
Based on your selection, the Export Blogroll plugin automatically formats the exported Blogroll links with the markup required by del.icio.us for its bookmark upload/import feature. You simply save the exported Blogroll contents to a file, upload to del.icio.us, and enjoy!
Using the Export Blogroll plugin is relatively easy:
- Backup your WordPress database (just in case).
- Download the Export Blogroll plugin (below).
- Open the file and choose an export option.
- Save the file to your plugins directory.
- Upload the file to server and activate.
- Go to “Options” → “Export Blogroll”.
- Copy the exported Blogroll and save.
That’s all there is to it, really. Once you save the exported Blogroll to a text file, login to your del.icio.us account and upload the file. For more information about the entire Blogroll export/import process, check out our recent article. You may also want to read about the motivation behind the Blogroll Export plugin.