This is where I put everything that is related to the operation of the Perishable Press website. The name “Dungeon” started as a joke, but just kinda stuck around, mostly because I am too lazy to change it to something else. Here you will find everything from software and plugins used to official site policy and statistics. Plus a whole lot of other stuff, like where I’ve been published, online friends, guest posts, and even a demo of AddMySite, one of my freely available WordPress plugins. So lurk around a bit and learn a discover some of the inner workings of Perishable Press..
Site credits, software, plugins and applications
Perishable Press would not be possible without the excellent resources, information and tools graciously provided by the incredible open-source community.
- — Apache is the most popular HTTP server on the Internet
- — PHP is a general-purpose server-side scripting language
- — MySQL is the world’s most popular open-source database
- — WordPress is the world’s leading publishing platform
- — Firefox is an extendable open-source XML/HTML browser
Some of the coolest people on the Web..
- Ajay D’Souza
- Alex Denning
- Chris Coyier
- Chris Roane
- Graham Smith
- Jean-Baptiste Jung
- Kim Woodbridge
- Rick Beckman
- Stephen Cronin
- Steve Taylor
- Terry Mun
- Thane Champie
Featured in these fine locations..
- Digging into WordPress (Site)
- Digging into WordPress (Book)
- Developing Secure WordPress Sites – Video/Screencast Series
- Joomla! Web Security (Book)
- CMS Security Handbook (Book)
- WordPress 3 Feature Article - .net Magazine
- Interview at imjustcreative.com
- Interview at BloggingPro.com
- Interview at MyInkBlog
- Interviewed for Think Vitamin article
- Interview by Chris Coyier at CSS-Tricks
- Guest Post at The Nexus
- Guest Post at Six Revisions
- ProBlogger guest-post: Awesome Plugins
- ProBlogger guest-post: Ajaxify your WordPress
- ProBlogger guest-post: WordPress RSS Feeds
- Why WordPress? - Interview at wpshout.com
- Interview by Paul Maloney at WPZine
- Planet WordPress
- 9rules Network
- CSS Perk
- CSS Based
- CSS Breeze
- Designer Source
- Best CSS Designs
- CLD Web Gallery
Some of my current sites and projects..
- Perishable Press
- Perishable Press serves to define and highlight ideas, consolidate and integrate projects, and organize and express the myriad happenings unfolding throughout my vast creative empire.
- Digging into WordPress
- Co-author Chris Coyier and I help you get the most out of WordPress with our book, Digging into WordPress, and its official companion site, digwp.com. This project began late 2008 and has helped many people take their WordPress skills to the next level. And it's a lot of fun too ;)
- .htaccess made easy
- My new book (and website) about .htaccess. Learn everything you need to know about .htaccess with in clear, concise language and hundreds of awesome techniques. Membership includes access to the Help Forum, template files, lifetime updates, and all the extras.
- Monzilla Media
- Established in 2007, Monzilla Media is where I do business. From small business sites and personal blogs to WordPress plugins and customized themes, Monzilla Media strives to develop high-quality web and new media solutions.
xy.cssstylesheet is a lightweight, flexible CSS template for designing websites on a responsive liquid matrix. The site itself documents xy.css and showcases many examples of use. It’s very much a work in progress that I hope will manifest into something in the future. Keep an eye on the xy blog for explorations into the exciting realm of responsive, grid-based design.
- Launched in December of 2012, WP-Mix is a flow of high-quality code, snippets, and tutorials to help with WordPress development and web design in general. The site itself is designed with xy.css, so it’s responsive and sticks to a CSS matrix (vertical & horizontal grid). See it in action by clicking the “show matrix” button at the top of any page.
- CSSresetr lets you experiment with various CSS resets and watch them work on live web pages. You can use the site’s demo pages or even upload your own. Also includes a complete library of all the best CSS resets. 100% Ajax-powered and awesome.
- A place for collected images, random photos, and lots of random nonsense. There’s a private chat/upload forum on the site so members can sit there and chat, upload images, and watch the updates in real-time right there on the screen. It’s a lot of fun, and basically where I go to chill out and relax online.
Site statistics, post count, comment count & other stats
Perishable Press has been online since September(ish) 2005. Since that time, the site has grown tremendously. Here is a current summary of some of the site’s vital statistics (generated by the BlogStats PCC plugin for WordPress).
- 15 pages
- 817 posts
- 19 categories
- 11,479 comments
- 4501 commentators
- 5 registered users
Contributing authors, guest authors, and administrators
These are the people that help make Perishable Press possible by delivering fresh, home-cooked tutorials, articles, news, and other information.
WordPress plugins used in various themes
These freely available WordPress plugins bring much-needed functionality, useful features, and subtle enhancements to the growing number of user-selectable themes currently available at Perishable Press.
- Akismet (v. 2.5.7) by Automattic.
- Art Direction (v. 0.2.4) by Noël Jackson.
- Broken Link Checker (v. 1.7.1) by Janis Elsts.
- Code Auto Escape (v. 2.0) by Priyadi Iman Nurcahyo.
- Compact Archives (v. 2.0.0) by Rob Marsh, SJ.
- Customizable Post Listings (v. 1.5) by Scott Reilly.
- Feed Count (custom) (v. 1.2) by Francesco Mapelli.
- Google XML Sitemaps (v. 3.2.9) by Arne Brachhold.
- hitcounter (v. 1.3) by Tom de Bruin.
- Simple Basic Contact Form (v. 20130104) by Jeff Starr.
- Simple Local Avatars (v. 1.3.1) by Jake Goldman (10up LLC), Oomph Inc.
- Simply Exclude (v. 2.0.6) by Paul Menard.
- Subscribe To Comments (v. 2.1.2) by Mark Jaquith.
- Theme Switch (v. 0.9.0.3) by Nicolas Kuttler.
- Wordpress Download Monitor (v. 18.104.22.168) by Mike Jolley.
- WP-Cleanup (v. 1.1.0) by JortK.
- Yet Another Related Posts Plugin (v. 4.0.6) by mitcho (Michael Yoshitaka Erlewine).
Currently available WordPress themes
Here is a list of self-developed WordPress themes currently available at Perishable Press. Use these links to change the default appearance and functionality of the site (links open new tab or window). Check out this article for complete descriptions of these themes. Some of my themes are even available for download.
- Apathy Theme
- Bananaz Theme
- Casket Theme
- DOS_FX Theme
- Entropy Theme
- Finished Theme
- Garbage Theme
- Headline Theme
- Information Theme
- Jupiter Theme
- Killer Theme
- Lithium Theme
- minimalist Theme
- Naked Theme
- Optimized Theme
- Perishable Theme
- Quintessential Theme
- Requiem Theme
- Serious Theme
- Tether Theme
- Unicorner Theme
- Volume Theme (current default)
Validation links for this theme
This design was coded by hand in a text editor, but that doesn’t mean that shouldn’t validate. Let’s see how the home page measures up..
- XHTML Validation
- CSS Validation
- RSS Validation
- WCAG Validation
- AAA Credentials
- Accessibility Statement
Teh Official Site Policy
All content presented via Perishable Press enjoys perpetual copyright via its respective authors, unless specifically indicated otherwise. No portion of this website may be used for any purpose without explicit, written permission. Further, all comments presented via this website reflect the personal opinions of individuals. No guarantee concerning the validity, provenance, or any other aspect of such comments is implied or explicitly stated. Finally, Perishable Press is in no way responsible for any externally linked content. Surf at your own risk.
- Read the official Perishable Press Comment Policy
- Read the official Perishable Press Accessibility Statement
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. — John 3:16 (KJV)